Hi there! Welcome to The Savvy Plate! I’m Savannah, and I’m so glad you’re here.
My philosophy on cooking is this: God has provided us with so many delicious foods on this earth, and my gratitude for that is what drives my creativity in the kitchen. I don’t look at cooking as a chore, but rather as a celebration! Whether you love to cook or the idea of cooking overwhelms you, I invite you to join me here. We’ll explore some fun ingredients, we’ll cook, and of course we’ll eat!
Since you’re new here, let me introduce myself with some of my favorite recipes:
- Red Curry with Veggies
- Morning Glory Oatmeal
- How to Make Sushi at Home
- Cloud Snickerdoodles
- Southwestern Veggie Chili
A few more things to know about me…
- I call the Nashville area home.
- I’m a happy newlywed. My husband Oliver is the computer-minded man who encouraged me to pursue blogging and helped make it happen. He loves to eat, and you’ll hear a lot about him in my posts!
- I do try to feed my body healthy things, but I also love cookies. And that’s okay! (Also, I think beets taste like dirt, so I don’t eat those. And that’s okay, too! There is more than one way to be healthy.)
- I actually love grocery shopping. And bargains.
- I probably drink my weight in tea every day.
- A few of my favorite things to eat are tacos, oatmeal, dark chocolate, basil, and berries of all kinds. Oliver loves peanut butter and all things spicy, so those make their way into our menu fairly often as well.
- When I’m not in the kitchen, you can usually find me reading, crafting, doing some yoga, or trying out a new restaurant.
Thanks for dropping by! I hope you’ll visit again soon!