Owner and Data Controller: The Savvy Plate, Nashville, TN 37214
Owner Contact Email: [email protected]
Our website address is http://www.thesavvyplate.com
Policy Overview of Collected Data
Distribution of personal data is by the User. To read more about cookies used in personal data, see “Web Browser Cookies” below. Personal data is collected by the following services in the following aspects:
- Google Analytics Personal Data: cookies, usage data, and IP address
- Mailing list or newsletter (Mailchimp) Personal Data: cookies, name, email address, usage data, IP address
- Content commenting, Gravatar Personal Data: cookies, name, email address, website
- JQuery Pin It Button for Images Personal Data: cookies, usage data
- Pinterest Social Widget Personal Data: cookies, usage data
- Spotify Widget Personal Data: cookies, usage data
- Social media sharing buttons Personal Data: cookies, usage data
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, and website (where applicable). Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities such as subscribing to email updates.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, IP address, usage data, cookies, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Savvy Plate may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site. If the User leaves a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- To send periodic emails: We may use your name and email address if you choose to provide them in order to send you email updates as requested.
- To send periodic emails to users who have opted in for our newsletter or email list: We may use the email address to send User blog updates. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe option at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with the services listed above in “Policy Overview of Collected Data” for the purposes outlined above should the User elect to provide the information. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you have chosen to subscribe to our email updates via Mailchimp newsletter, you may request to receive an exported file of the personal data the email service holds about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that any of your information stored by the email service provider is erased by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any of our emails. For questions regarding this, please refer to the contact information provided under “Contact Information.”
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include blog news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers (Mailchimp) to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information (name, email address, IP address, usage data) with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
This Site uses Google Analytics, which by default is turned OFF. The user may choose to allow Google Analytics to run during their browsing session by visiting the cookie settings in the bottom bar of the Site. To change cookie settings that have already been selected, the User may visit cookie settings via the gear icon in the lower left corner of the Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
This document was last updated on May 22, 2018